The greeter is not set when you install Razor Qt. To use it, you need to edit “/etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf” and set “greeter-session=lightdm-razor-greeter”, then save the file and restart the computer.
Other changes included with Razor Qt 0.5.0:
- new panel applets: cpu monitor, lm sensor, volume control that supports alsa or pulseaudio, color picker, network monitor
- new keyboard shortcut configuration tool
- there’s only one Razor Qt session now and the window manager can be configured through the Razor Qt config tool
- split config session window, due new session autostart changes, featuring better system tray support
- nicer razor-config app layout
- better integration with window managers from fvwm family
- new desktop widget: notepad
- architecture changes to prevent RTTI related crashes and suppor for all Qt versions
- huge performance optimizatons
Install Razor Qt in Ubuntu
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:razor-qt sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install razorqt
Once installed, log out and select “Razor Desktop” from the login screen.
For other Linux distributions, see the Razor Qt installation page.
For more info, see our initial Razor Qt post.